Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Post

As a chef in Chicago, I have been thinking about writing a blog for some time. Hell I read a ton of them on a daily basis some good, some not so good. I have been cooking professionally for the last 16 years and am currently cooking the food I love from Italy. Nice Jewish boy from the north shore cooking Italian food you ask. The best thing about growing up Jewish was the constant discussion of food, even when we were eating. I believe that being Jewish, and being Italian are similar, we all love our mothers, even though they annoy us, and we all love food, so there!

I am sitting in a hotel room in New York thinking back over my the past sixteen years, and thinking about the crazy times I have had, the crazy chefs I have worked with and for. I would not change any of it at all, it has been a great ride. Fifteen years ago I came to New York with Keith Korn, the very first chef I worked for, to cook at the James Beard House, and now I am cooking there myself this coming Saturday. I am extremely excited, and nervous at the same time. The menu is killer, and the wines are going to be perfect. I will be updating the blog on Friday and Saturday, with photos, and some video of the event.

My goal with this blog is to discuss my life, in and out of the kitchen, talk about the past a little bit, and let you into my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment