Friday, January 28, 2011

Menu Changes



As you all probably know part of being a chef involves the creative process. I like to change items on my menus when I get a great idea, or when I am bored with a dish, but most importantly to improve on what we are already doing.  When The Florentine opened in mid November, I was not happy with a lot of the food for dinner, so we changed about 60% of it.  I really like what I did, the food was more about how I felt, and really about food that would match the room.  What I mean is that I truly believe that food must speak of the city it is being cooked in, and of the room it is being served in.  I have always felt as a Chef that this was very important.  We have made a few more changes to the menu since then, and even more last night.  We have been very fortunate to receive some wonderful press and some very favorable reviews.  This has not stopped my creative drive, it has only driven me to do more, and create more, to evolve!  Last night in addition to changing some things on the dinner menu, I changed the entire lounge menu.  It really speaks of what I want our bar menu to be.  We added some salumi, lowered the amount of items on toast, and even added a great veal meat ball dish served over rich, creamy Anson Mills polenta. There are more changes than those listed, come check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment